2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2020 2:52 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Need a of copy my DD-214


      Hello, does anyone know how I can get a copy of my DD-214? I need to get a copy of my DD-214 to prove veteran status for taxes.

        • Re: Need a of copy my DD-214
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Have you tried reaching out to your County Veterans service office they may have a copy if you ever received state benefits or even call your State Veterans Office. NPRC is only processing emergency request for things like burials. Hope this helps.





          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Need a of copy my DD-214
            Jason Atkinson Ranger

            Dear Mr. Alexander,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

            A copy of your DD-214 should be in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The current location of your OMPF depends on your branch of service and when you separated from service. Please see Locations of Service Records for details.


            If your OMPF is at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC),  please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans may use eVetRecs to request their own records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this is helpful.