1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 8:47 AM by Lisha Penn

    How to apply for homestead rights and rolls?


      I just found out my granny and papa were both registered members of the Eastern Creek Indian tribe. I would  like to apply for homestead rights and roll rights. How or where would I begin?

        • Re: How to apply for homestead rights and rolls?
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Ms. Adams,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Tribal membership rests entirely with the tribal nation in question. The Creeks today are known as the Muscogee. Besides the Muscogee Tribal Nation in Oklahoma, there is a Muscogee nation in Florida that has referred to itself as the “Eastern Creek.”


          We suggest that you review the website Muscogee Nation of Florida: Citizenship for more information.


          We hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your family research!


          [Information provided by Cody White, Subject Matter Expert]