1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2020 8:40 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking my father's military records following Korean war


      I want to locate records for Bernard (nmi) Jacobson, Lt. Col, while in the U.S. Army. He was a resident of Chicago, Illinois after his service in the Army Dental Corps. He died on August 25, 1975.

        • Re: Seeking my father's military records following Korean war
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Jacobson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful.