1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2020 3:04 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking records of 212th Military Police Company (Sentry Dog)


      I would like information from soldiers of the 212th MP Company during Vietnam plus others who may have knowledge of the 212th MP Co. (Scout Dog) and its members.

        • Re: Seeking records of 212th Military Police Company (Sentry Dog)
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Kahan,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series titled Military Police Unit Records, 7/1965 - 3/1973 in the Records of the U.S. Forces in Southeast Asia (Record Group 472) that include organizational histories for 1962 - 1972; and daily journals for December 1967 - September 1968 and 1970 of the 212th Military Police Company. For access to and/or copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.


          The semi-annual rosters (i.e., April and October) for 1960-74 for Army units are attached to the morning reports of the respective units. All rosters for the period are not available and usually list only enlisted personnel. Paper copies may be obtained from microfilm by writing to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Research and reproduction fees are charged for this service. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 to request this information.


          For the perspective of the veteran, there are several veterans history projects such as the one at the Library of Congress and the Vietnam Veterans Project.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          1 person found this helpful