1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2019 2:18 PM by Lisha Penn

    Where can I find my photos from graduation at Fort Hood, Texas, 1974- 1977?


      My name is Austin Jones. I was in the army in 1974 - 1977. I was in the combat engineer bridge building company. I am trying too get a photo of myself in uniform.

        • Re: Where can I find my photos from graduation at Fort Hood, Texas, 1974- 1977?
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Jones,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Photographs of various U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps activities dating from 1940 to 2007 are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Picture (RDSS). Please contact RDSS via email at stillpix@nara.gov and their web site is https://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/photographs-Dc.html. For them to possibly locate photographs you seek, please include the full unit designation in your email.


          We also suggest that you also obtain a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. It may include a photograph of you.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          1 person found this helpful