1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2019 2:48 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking Employment records for 1930


      In the 1930 census in Philadelphia PA my great aunt is listed as working for the Secret Services as a private detective. How can I find her employment records and/or the history of recruiting women during that time period?

        • Re: Seeking Employment records for 1930
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Ms. Bush,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your aunt’s Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity prior to 1952 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, beginning and ending dates of Federal Service. For more information, the web site is https://www.archives.gov/st-



          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful