1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2019 1:49 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking Retired Reserve Recall Documentation


      My dad retired Army 1965.  He was recalled in either 1968 or 69 and turned back from rejoining active duty.  Where do I look to find the documentation for the recall and the rejection when he showed up?  I have his service records and it is not there.  I understand there was a letter sent to him, so there has to be paperwork associated with it.  Appreciate the help.

        • Re: Seeking Retired Reserve Recall Documentation
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear A Eldredge,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The records of individuals who left service less than 62 years ago are subject to access restrictions and only limited information or copies may be released to the general public within the provisions of the law. The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Privacy Act provide balance between the right of the public to obtain information from military service records and the right of the former military service member to protect his or her privacy.


          However, family members are entitled to more information than the general public.  Please see Records Center Program to access these records for how to file a FOIA request to obtain your father’s military records.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research.


          1 person found this helpful