2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2019 9:36 AM by Malisa Simco

    Seeking Military records for Lawrence Everett Stiner


      Can someone help me find records for Lawrence Everett Stiner? I'm looking for military records for my father to see if the VA can help him with some medical issues.

        • Re: Seeking Military records for Lawrence Everett Stiner
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          Please let us know little bit more about him, there are additional resources to help you with some answers. But I would suggest using SF180 form and file with NPRC for requesting his service records, also site call vetrecs that is user friendly and at end you print out and sign then fax over to them.





          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking Military records for Lawrence Everett Stiner

            Dear Mr. Stiner,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            To seek the records of Lawrence Everett Stiner, please begin by requesting a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces during the Vietnam War are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!