1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2019 9:57 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking Report of Birth from Military Hospital in Germany


      Dear sir and madam,


      In order to get married here in Germany, my fiancé - who was born in a military hospital in Würzburg/Germany - needs a certified copy of his report of birth. The hospital doesn't exist anymore and he was only registered with the American authorities. His father has served in the US army at the time of his birth (1990). We've already obtained his Consular Report of Birth Abroad from the US, but this document isn't enough for our local German registry office for us to get married. They requested a document that has his parents' full names, his mother's maiden name and place and date of their wedding which can be found on his report of birth from the military hospital he was born in.


      We talked to the US Consulate and were referred to you for this matter. Where and how can we obtain this document? Is there a form we need to fill out and send to you? How much would obtaining this document cost and how long would it take for it to be shipped to Germany?


      I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! Thank you in advance!

        • Re: Seeking Report of Birth from Military Hospital in Germany
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Szasz,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          First, we suggest contacting the National Personnel Records Center Valmeyer Annex to request your fiance’s ‘Dependent Medical Record.’ Write a letter stating what you have communicated to History Hub and provide the following information about your fiance and his father: name, branch of military service, social security numbers, military service number, dates of births, and locations of births.  You may also send a copy of the documentation you’ve received from the US Consulate. Mail or fax the letter to the National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295.  The fax number is 618-935-3014.


          Secondly, a copy of his birth certificate may be in his father’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  To obtain a copy of this submit a completed SF-180 and send it to the appropriate organization according to the list on page three of the form.


          We hope this is helpful!



          Holly Rivet


          1 person found this helpful