1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2019 8:57 AM by Lisha Penn

    Looking for info on George Parrish


      I am looking for information on George Parrish, who served in WWII and also at Lenggries Kasserne, Germany during 1949-50 as a Sargent in the US Army and a Cook.

        • Re: Looking for info on George Parrish
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Ms. Loth,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For information about George Parrish, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful