1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2019 2:44 PM by Becca Simons

    photo of my brother

    Wayne Parrington Newbie

      How can I get a photo of my brother who was in the army? He served from1970 to 1972.

        • Re: photo of my brother

          Dear Mr. Parrington,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The "official" photos of individuals are not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and are not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photo you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's Official Military Personnel File. However, there is no guarantee the photo will be present.


          OMPFs of those who served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 request these records.


          We hope this information is helpful.