Copy of mothers naturalization file

I'm trying to gain Irish citizenship thru descent on my mothers side. She was born in Ireland in 1918. At the age of 2 in1920 she was adopted by an Aunt in Ireland. This Aunt lived in America and was a naturalized citizen. At the time of adoption her name was changed.  When I went to file for duel citizenship I was unable to prove decent because of her name change. 

When she was 40yrs old she filed for an American passport to travel to Ireland. It was at that time she found out she was not a US citizen. Long story short. She filed for and was granted US citizenship. What I need is a copy of that file that would contain her adoption papers. 

I went online at USCIS and filed a request for her Alien File  (A-File)  I'm not sure if this is correct.   

They sent an email asking for my mothers consent to assess her file.  I upload her death certificate to the cite. 

Can you tell me this is the correct way to get a copy of her Citizenship fall and all accompany documents?

Thank you for your help. 

•   

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), the precursor to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), opened or consolidated Alien Files (A-Files) for every immigrant who arrived in the United States after April 1, 1944, or who naturalized after April 1, 1956. Beginning April 1, 1956, the INS started filing all agency records, including naturalization records, for active cases in the subject's A-File. Thus, if your mother became a naturalized U.S. citizen after April 1, 1956, then her A-File should include her naturalization paperwork.

We invite you to continue the conversation with community members on History Hub, but should you have follow-up questions for the staff at Archives 1, please email us at archives1reference@nara.gov so that we can assist you further.

We hope this assists you with your research!

Sincerely,
    Archives 1 Reference Branch (RR1R)
    (RR1R-24-36620-RB)