How can I find naturalization information for my grandfather?

Naturalization information for Francesco Paolo Sicurello. Married to Rafaella Novolino, first wife and Teresa Massessi, second wife.

Parents
  • It depends on where and when. What year did they immigrate, When and where do you think they petitioned for naturalization?  Before 1905 the requirements varied by state and possibly county. You will probably need to look at county records. After 1905 it was formalized under federal immigration law even if your family arrived prior to that. The petition will be done through the state district court in that jurisdiction. Many records are now online. Three step process, declaration of intent, petition, and formal oath. For after 1905 records you can try FamilySearch.org, but I would recommend you join a local genealogy society for some coaching/help. This may also give you access to some services you would otherwise need to pay for such as ancesty.com. In the mean time create a work sheet with any information you know (or suspect from family lore) about each family member. A number of genealogy sites have worksheet formats. Good luck the search can be a lot of fun.

• It depends on where and when. What year did they immigrate, When and where do you think they petitioned for naturalization?  Before 1905 the requirements varied by state and possibly county. You will probably need to look at county records. After 1905 it was formalized under federal immigration law even if your family arrived prior to that. The petition will be done through the state district court in that jurisdiction. Many records are now online. Three step process, declaration of intent, petition, and formal oath. For after 1905 records you can try FamilySearch.org, but I would recommend you join a local genealogy society for some coaching/help. This may also give you access to some services you would otherwise need to pay for such as ancesty.com. In the mean time create a work sheet with any information you know (or suspect from family lore) about each family member. A number of genealogy sites have worksheet formats. Good luck the search can be a lot of fun.

Children
No Data