how can I find out if my great grandmother became a citizen of the US?

Her name was Salvatrice Scarlata, born on May 27th 1883 in Caltanissetta Sicliy, Italy.

I am Not sure what year she came to the United States. I am thinking she came in the early 1900"s.  She lived in Le Roy, New York.

Died in 1975 in Brant, New York. She married Antony Piazza.

Parents
  •  

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

Naturalization records dated prior to October 1991 from the federal courts are at the National Archives. To determine which NARA field site maintains federal court records for the state where you or your relative was naturalized, please visit: https://www.archives.gov/research/court-records.

You will need to work directly with staff in that office in order to obtain a copy of the requested record. Depending on the date of naturalization, the records may exist outside of NARA’s holdings.

If Salvatrice Scarlata became a naturalized citizen, she most likely did so in the state of New York. Naturalization records for New York are held at our New York regional archive. For more information about these records, we recommend contacting the responsive National Archives unit listed below:

National Archives at New York City
    One Bowling Green, Room 328
    New York, NY 10004
    Phone: 212-401-1620
    Toll-free: 1-866-840-1752
    Fax: 212-401-1638
    Email: newyork.archives@nara.gov 

We hope this assists you with your research!

Sincerely,
    Archives 1 Reference Branch (RR1R)
    RR1R-23-65203-RH

•  

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

Naturalization records dated prior to October 1991 from the federal courts are at the National Archives. To determine which NARA field site maintains federal court records for the state where you or your relative was naturalized, please visit: https://www.archives.gov/research/court-records.

You will need to work directly with staff in that office in order to obtain a copy of the requested record. Depending on the date of naturalization, the records may exist outside of NARA’s holdings.

If Salvatrice Scarlata became a naturalized citizen, she most likely did so in the state of New York. Naturalization records for New York are held at our New York regional archive. For more information about these records, we recommend contacting the responsive National Archives unit listed below:

National Archives at New York City
    One Bowling Green, Room 328
    New York, NY 10004
    Phone: 212-401-1620
    Toll-free: 1-866-840-1752
    Fax: 212-401-1638
    Email: newyork.archives@nara.gov 

We hope this assists you with your research!

Sincerely,
    Archives 1 Reference Branch (RR1R)
    RR1R-23-65203-RH

Children
No Data