Ernest A. Hamwi the inventor of Ice Cream Cones

Hello 

I am trying to find any records about Ernest A. Hamwi, a Syrian immigrant come from Ottoman Syria to Jamaica then to U.S., between 1899 and 1905, I am writing a film about him, and I need any possible records please

Thank You

Parents
  • In case you find it helpful, Ernest A. Hamwi is my maternal grandnother, Lela Hamaoui's uncle (my great-great-great uncle).  Although the Americanization of the name is Hamwi, it is spelled Hamaoui originally, apparently. One of Ernest Hamwi's brothers was Youssef (Joseph) Asbar El Hamaoui. We think Youssef was born in Syria and died in Cairo where my grandmother emmigrated with her family circa 1915 approx at the end of the ottoman empire.

• In case you find it helpful, Ernest A. Hamwi is my maternal grandnother, Lela Hamaoui's uncle (my great-great-great uncle).  Although the Americanization of the name is Hamwi, it is spelled Hamaoui originally, apparently. One of Ernest Hamwi's brothers was Youssef (Joseph) Asbar El Hamaoui. We think Youssef was born in Syria and died in Cairo where my grandmother emmigrated with her family circa 1915 approx at the end of the ottoman empire.

Children
No Data