I am trying to find out information on my 5th Great Grandmother. Her husband was Tobias Lassiter and her name has been spelled as Sara Pleasant Sally Bushyhead and also as Sara Sally Northern Bessett. On the records I have found it does not even mention he

I am trying to find out information on my 5th great grandmother who has been listed as Sara Sally Pleasant Bushyhead and as Sara Sally Northern Bessett. Her husband was Tobias Lassiter and the only records I can find of them she is mentioned as his wife named Sara. This was in North Carolina in the 1700s-1800s. Tobias was a Revolutionary war soldier as well.

Thank you!

Parents
  • You posted on the census records community.  The first federal census was taken in 1790.  Only the head of the family's name would be shown.  As to early North Carolina censuses, Alvaretta Kenan Register published on the state censuses of 1784-1787.  It's a 1973 book.  More about that can be found in a book by Ann Lainhart Titled State Census Records.   You might also find online a booklet on State Censuses by Henry Durester originally published in 1948.  See for example: babel.hathitrust.org/.../pt

• You posted on the census records community.  The first federal census was taken in 1790.  Only the head of the family's name would be shown.  As to early North Carolina censuses, Alvaretta Kenan Register published on the state censuses of 1784-1787.  It's a 1973 book.  More about that can be found in a book by Ann Lainhart Titled State Census Records.   You might also find online a booklet on State Censuses by Henry Durester originally published in 1948.  See for example: babel.hathitrust.org/.../pt

Children