Help us transcribe some of the millions of digitized pages of records in the National Archives Catalog. Transcription is an important way for us to improve search results and increase accessibility to our historical records.
- Create a username and password in the National Archives Catalog.
- Login from any transcription page or on the login page.
- Start a Transcription Mission, check out More Records, or create your own mission by doing a keyword search for your favorite topics.
- Select the “View/Add Contributions” button located below all images in the catalog.
- Select the “Transcribe” tab for the page of the record you would like to transcribe.
- Select the “Edit” button and remember to save your work frequently.